I needed a rest from all of the heavy food I have been making lately. And since today is the official day of rest, what better time to do it [plus we have plenty of our dinner left over from last night].
I decided to go with a lighter, frothier experiment today. So I made a vanilla bean frappe. It turned out pretty well for my first time with a mixed beverage!
The ingredients are simple:
- 3/4 cup of cubed ice
- 1/2 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 1/2 cup of milk
- 3 scoops of vanilla bean ice cream
- a small splash of vanilla extract [a very small splash]
- Add ice, milk and ice cream
- Blend for 5 - 8 seconds
- Add a pinch of cocoa, 1/2 tablespoon of sugar and the drop of vanilla extract
- Blend for another 10 seconds
- Once you pour the frappe, add a dusting of cocoa and a couple of chocolate chips
Check back later for my simple and delicious desert for my lighter than normal day! :)
Until then, happy frappin'!