I didn't know what to expect with these little cookie bars, but Nick and I think they turned out great! I made these for his work luncheon tomorrow, so I hope his coworkers enjoy these sweet little treats!
|This is what these little bars look like before they are complete.|
- 38 individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped obviously!
- 5 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cub brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cub butter, melted
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
|Yummy bars after the cooking process!!|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt together the caramels and heavy cream, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Stir in the melted butter until well blended. Press Half of the mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking pan. Reserve the rest.
- Bake the crust for 8 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove and sprinkle with chocolate chips and walnuts. Pour the caramel mixture over the top and then crumble the remaining crust mixture over everything.
- Return to the oven and bake for an additional 12 minutes, or until the top is lightly toasted. Cut into squares while it is still warm.
I hope that you consider making these little guys. They are sweet and gooey and everybody should taste them at least one time!!
Until next time, happy baking!! :-)