I grew up eating Beefaroni, but was never in love with the dish. However, as I've gotten older I find myself craving it on occasion. I decided to try making Beefaroni last night and let me be honest - it rocked!! It is way better than any canned spaghetti product you can find out there and such a great way to make a simple pasta dish hardy and flavorful! I made a lot of it! So Nick and I will be eating it again today! I'm kind of excited; I had some this morning for breakfast. I love it! But if you are not like me and do not want to eat leftovers the next day, cut all of the ingredients in half... that should still be plenty!!
Here are the ingredients you will need:
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 4 (14.5 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoon Parmesan and Herb seasoning
- 1 1/2 pound cooked pasta
- Brown ground beef in a pan and drain
- Stir in all of the ingredients, except for the pasta
- Simmer for about 15 minutes; you want to make sure the meat soaks up all of those flavors
- Stir in cooked pasta until entirely coated!
This is a great and filling stand alone dish. But I decided to pick up some sourdough and whip up a quick garlic bread. Sourdough is a favorite of Nick's, so I thought it would be a great side for him!! It worked out really well. I hope you all give this a try because it is full of flavor and will warm up your stomach any day of the week!