Last night I wanted to make sliders again. I loved the Spicy Buffalo Chicken Sliders I made a couple of weeks ago and it took a lot for me not to make them again. I wanted to have something to blog about, so I had to make a new dish. So what to do, what to do? I grappled with that for part of the morning yesterday and then it hit me, why not go with a traditional hamburger slider with a twist? So, today I bring to you all these yummy Kicked Up Blue Cheese Hamburger Sliders.
I have to admit that I am not a fan of regular sized hamburgers. There is just something about eating a huge hamburger that freaks me out a little bit, but a baby hamburger? That seems like the perfect amount! I should tell you that when I was younger I decided that I did not like meat and I stopped eating most of it for a year or two. I mean, I would eat chicken or turkey but I stayed away from red meat. I don’t know why I decided to do that – so if you ask, I won’t have an answer. I decided I wanted to eat meat again in the middle of one summer. I would not advice eating a big, juicy hamburger from the grill when you’re reintroducing your body to meat. I was sick for two days. I think that has had a long term effect on me; meaning, it turned me off of burgers. Shameful, I know. But while everybody is eating the burgers, I’m sitting around stuffing myself full of macaroni and cheese. Oh yes, the infamous macaroni & cheese has been mentioned yet again today! I. LOVE. IT!
Let’s get down to the meal. It is actually pretty simple
- 10 ounces lean ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive Oil
- Dash onion powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 2 to 2 ½ ounces Blue Cheese
- 4 - 6 mini french rolls, halved and toasted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Season beef with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, sugar, garlic and onion powder and a tablespoon or two of oil, and the blue cheese [especially if you are using very lean ground beef, like I did]
- Mix thoroughly; making sure everything is incorporated evenly. Form 4 or 6 equal sized patties
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat oil over medium – high heat
- Add beef patties and cook until the meat is cooked to your liking – a few minutes per side, usually
- In the meantime, lightly grease a baking sheet and place your sliced buns on it. Toast in the oven for several minutes. [Don’t overcook!!]
- Once your patties are cooked, sprinkle a few pieces of blue cheese to the top. And then assemble your mini hamburger slider using whatever you like.
I used pickles, bacon and some greens. They turned out wonderfully. If you want to add banana peppers they would totally give this sandwich a great flavor! In reality, you can add whatever you like to these little guys. Make YOUR perfect hamburger!
I hope you all enjoy!
Until Next Time,