Good Wednesday Morning Foodie Favs! I’m blogging today from the great state of Georgia, specifically Atlanta. It seems like a great city. I opted out of exploring last night so that I could relax a bit. My body seems to be fighting against me right now and I wanted a few hours to hang out and try to take a breather. I suggested a stop in Atlanta because one of Nick’s closest friends is doing the Army thing down here and he has not seen him in some time, so I thought it would be a great opportunity for the guys to go out and have a little dinner and catch up on Army and guy things. Likely you will be getting another post from Georgia, but we will be in another city. I will wait until tomorrow to unveil our new city. I hope you check back.
So today I bring to you a food that is one of my favorite foods in the whole world. Are you ready for it? Today I bring to you Macaroni and Cheese! To me there is nothing better than macaroni noodles covered in warm, creamy cheese. Obviously I love tons of types of macaroni and cheese, but today I bring to you my go-to recipe. This has become my go to recipe because I grew up watching my mom make it this way and it is quick and easy. If you need a meal in less than 20 minutes, you must try this!
Here is what you will need:
- 1 box macaroni noodles, any kind
- 1 to 2 cans cheddar cheese soup
- 2 blocks extra, extra sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 to 2 cans milk
- 1 to 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter
- Garlic [optional]
- In a medium saucepan, over medium low heat, melt butter
- Whisk flour into butter and continue to whisk until fully incorporated
- Add a can of cheddar soup then fill the can up with milk, whisk until incorporated [if it seems like there is not enough sauce for your macaroni and cheese then add another can of soup & another can of milk]
- Add the cubed cheese and whisk around until fully melted
- In the meantime, cook the macaroni according to the box, drain the noodles and return to the large saucepan
- Pour the melted cheddar mixture over the macaroni, stir and heat for an additional 5 minutes
EAT! Yep, it is THAT easy. If you want to add garlic powder just add the amount you like into the cheese sauce while you are making it!!
I hope you all enjoy. Like I mentioned above, macaroni and cheese is one of my favorite meals and it is definitely a meal to me because I will neglect the rest of any meal and eat as much macaroni and cheese as I can!
I hope you all enjoy!
Until Next Time,