Good Friday Morning! I hope everybody has something special or relaxing planned for the weekend! Each of you work so hard during the week, you deserve a couple of free moments during the weekend. I’ll be soaking up the sun at the Atlantic Ocean in Charleston today and tomorrow! I’m pretty excited. Our journey may be slightly modified because the moving company is going to be late delivering all of our belongings. So we are considering traveling way up North to Maine, one of our favorite states! In fact, we love the snow so much we traveled all the way up to Maine to find snow in the midst of winter when all of our friends were going south for spring break! However, we have never experienced Maine in the midst of Spring and Summer. I’m pretty excited about the prospect of going all the way up there for a few days! I will keep you all posted! J
Today I bringing to you something sweet that I came across on another one of my foodie favs blog a few weeks ago! Do you want to know what I’ve got for you? Well today I present to you Homemade Oatmeal Cream Pies! They would be a great addition to a spring picnic, a graduation party, a dessert or a snack for the weekend! I whipped them up while we were packing up our lives a week or so ago. I kept one and sent the rest to work with Nick. His buddies loved these Oatmeal Pies! They flew of the platter faster than I could even imagine!
Here is what you will need:
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups raisins
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F
- Whisk the flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon together in a medium bowl. Set aside
- With an electric mixer set on medium speed, beat the butter at medium speed until creamy. Add the sugars and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes
- Beat in the eggs one at a time. Turn the mixer to low speed. Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined
- Stir in the oats and raisins
- Drop generous tablespoons of dough about 2 inches apart onto greased cookie sheet
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until light brown.
- Check for doneness after 12 minutes and keep an eye on them so they do not burn!
Now for the Cream – here is what you will need:
- 2 teaspoons very hot water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- ½ cup shortening
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- In a small bowl, dissolve the salt in the hot water and allow this to cool
- Combine marshmallow cream, shortening, powdered sugar, and vanilla in a medium bowl
- Mix on high until fluffy
- Add the cooled salt water and mix well
- Spread filling on the flat side of one cookie, press second cookie on top
- Eat, eat, eat!!!!
These Oatmeal Cream Pies are simply amazing! They are easy to make and are packed full of great flavor. You will especially love these if you love oatmeal raisin cookies. With that being said, if you are not a huge fan of Oatmeal Raisin cookies, this is the way to experience amazing oatmeal raisin cookies in a different way!
I hope you all have a great weekend!
Until Next Time,