Good Morning Everybody! This is the long anticipated post from a slight hiatus. It is a little overwhelming to come back into it all having had so much other stuff going on! However, it does feel natural. Before we left for our cross country journey I worked fervently to create dishes that I could blog about along our adventure to the East Coast, but somehow I managed not to post for several days. However, between internet connections being weak and a fast paced, have to see everything this country offers, it became more and more difficult to blog each day. I want to thank you all for joining me and supporting me on this new pilgrimage! I hope to be up and consistent in the days to come!
So let’s get down to the good stuff – food. Wondering what I have to offer you today? Well, I will tell you that is it sweet with a kick and would make an awesome dinner tonight or any night. Are you ready for it? I’ve got Sweet & Spicy Pork Sliders! We loved the Spicy Hot Chicken Sliders that I could not pass up an opportunity to try it again with pork! They turned out wonderful! I did not make biscuits this time, but the pulled pork would be amazing on biscuits! In the midst of packing up our lives, I did not have the patience to bake biscuits [though the biscuits are a cinch to make!].
These Pork Sliders were so easy to make, especially because I put all of the ingredients in the crock pot and let it cook on low for several hours!
Here is what you will need:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 boneless pork chops
- 2 cans diced tomatoes with chilies
- 1 bottle mild hot sauce
- ½ bottle hot, hot sauce
- ½ to 1 cup brown sugar [remember these are spicy & SWEET]
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 to 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 to 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Package of mini buns
- Are you ready for these complicated directions? Hold on tight because here it comes!
- Add the oil to coat the bottom of the crock pot
- Turn the crock pot on high
- Add the remaining ingredients to the crock pot, cover with the lid and let cook for several hours, until the pork is completely cooked
- If you are cooking the ingredients on high, cook for 4 or 5 hours or on low for 6 or 8 hours!
- When the pork is completely cooked, remove the chops to a plate and allow to cool for several minutes
- Take a fork and shred the chops into small pieces. Return the pulled pork to the crock pot for an additional 15 minutes so the meat can soak up all of the spicy, sweet flavors
- Add meat to your rolls or biscuits and eat away!
These little guys are so easy and packed full of AWESOME flavor! I wanted to go for a sweeter flavor rather than a spicy heat that I had for the buffalo chicken sliders! If you want more of a heat, then cut back on the brown sugar and if you want a sweeter taste just add more brown sugar and cut back on the hot sauce! I hope you all give these a try!
Until Next Time,