Good Sunday Morning Everybody!! I hope that you all are finding reprieve from work and responsibility and are having a good holiday weekend! My mom came into town yesterday and we’ve been busy people since then. I don’t understand how that happens. All week Nick and I have been running on ultra – high speed thinking that the weekend we would find some moments of relaxation, but all of the small details of finalizing our move started to rear their ugly heads when we tried to wind down! Hopefully we have passed the hump.
Yesterday we whipped up a great dinner, which I will likely bring you sometime this week. In addition to an amazing dinner last night, I wanted to fill our fridge with amazing beverages. It is hot and humid here after all, so why skimp on the delicious drinks? In addition to making a gallon of amazing Sweet Tea, I decided I wanted to give Homemade Lemonade a try. Well, I have to tell you the lemonade was a hit and, besides that, it is the best lemonade I have EVER tasted in my life. Oh, and it is super simple to make! Are you ready?
Here is what you will need:
- 2 ½ cups sugar
- 1 cup hot water
- 14 lemons, divided
- Just under 1 gallon of water, [approximately 14 cups]
- With a good quality lemon press, press 12 lemons into a measuring cup. You want 2 cups of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- In a 1 gallon container, place sugar and hot water and stir until sugar dissolves
- Add lemon juice and cold water to render 1 gallon
- Stir until well mixed
- Thinly slice the leftover lemons and stir into the lemonade mixture
- Pour lemonade over glasses of ice or let chill in the fridge for several hours!
See how easy this is to make? You can do it in under 20 minutes and having a gallon of amazing tasting lemonade! It paired really nice with our HOT, HOT, HOT and HUMID weather yesterday! In all honesty, I cannot believe we even have a drip left from yesterday! Since this lemonade is so easy to make, it will pair nicely at all of your picnics, barbeques, and brunch dates all summer long! I hope you all give this a try!!
Until Next Time,
Happy Memorial Day Weekend!