Good Monday Morning Foodie Favs! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. I was busy driving each day. And by driving, I mean Nick was driving and I was the copilot. It was fun but for some reason sitting in a car is exhausting. I apologize for not updating my blog on Sunday but I am here today bringing you something new.
So many of us dread the beginning of the week and there really is no need to drearily walk into the week when you have the option of baking something delicious and sweet to brighten up your day and your friends? Well last week I did just that. In an attempt to use up some of our miscellaneous food items I made Chocolate Chip Muffins. There was no reason not to and I was positive that most everybody would love them! The only thing I would do differently is make more of them. The muffins were warm and soft and every bite was filled with chocolate. Personally there is nothing better than that! They were really simple to make.
Here is what you will need:
- ½ cup butter
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 ½ cups chocolate chips
- Coarse sugar, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Lightly grease a 12 cup muffin pan
- In a large mixing bowl beat the butter, sugar, baking powder, salt, vanilla and cinnamon until fluffy
- Beat in eggs, then stir in the milk
- Mix in the flour and then the chocolate chips
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups
- Sprinkle with a little coarse sugar
- Bake the muffins for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one comes out clean
These little guys were AMAZING! I had a hard time sharing, but I knew if they sat around in my kitchen for too long they would be gone in a matter of minutes. I hope you all give these guys a try, especially if you have the early week blues!
I hope to have something cool for you tomorrow from New Orleans, so keep checking back! J
Until Next Time,
Happy Chocolate Chip Baking!