Good Morning Everybody! It is supposed to rain today and I’m waiting for it. Honestly, I wish it would rain all day long. Does anybody else ever secretly wish for gloomy days? I spent most of the last year in sunshine and high temperatures, which is enough to annoy anybody. Well, maybe not anybody but it was definitely enough to put me in a frustrated state of mind. Do not get me wrong, I love sunshine; in fact, sunshine was just what I was craving a year ago having spent years in gloomy Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. If you did not already know this, Western Pennsylvania is victim to many gray days. I went to college in Western Pennsylvania and then managed to find my way back to the area to complete my graduate school work. By the time everything was said and done I was longing for sunny summer days that would never end and VOILA the government answered my prayers. I soon realized that nothing could beat a couple of rainy days; so here I sit waiting patiently for what I hope turns out to be a day full of rain and thunderstorms.
Now that I have completed my seemingly random tangent about weather and Pittsburgh, let’s get back to what is important here – food. I have something very special for everybody today that actually comes from one of my college friends. Remember Jess? You remember Jess – she brought to us the Easter Basket Cake & the S’Mores Cupcakes. Well today I have another special treat that is apparently all the rave among her family and friends. And believe me I can totally understand why everybody loves these little guys. Today I present to you Oreo Cupcakes.
- Chocolate cake mix [or your favorite chocolate cake recipe]
- Cream cheese icing
- Preheat oven according to the box or your recipe
- Place cupcake papers in each cupcake hole
- Take your oreos, twist off the top and place the bottom [the one with all of the crème] in the bottom of the cupcake pan
- Put all of the tops in a ziploc bag and set aside
- Fill the cupcakes with ¼ cup of the batter
- Bake as your recipe or cake mix directs
- Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before icing
- Crust the tops of the cookies
- Mix the crushed cookies into the cream cheese icing
- Jess tells me that going with a store bought icing, instead of making a homemade icing, because the store bought icing is much easier to spread; making it much easier to evenly mix in the crushed cookies
- Place a generous amount of icing on the top & serve!!
I can completely understand why these guys are on the top of her friends and family’s wish list. She tells me everybody is always requesting them [even over the S’Mores cupcakes?? Whoa!]. I guess it’s the age-old favorite.
These are super simple to make and will likely win the hearts of everybody at that picnic you are going to this weekend or all of those friends and family coming over for dinner! I don’t know about you, but I have a couple of women to thank for doing me a favor yesterday and I think these will show up on the desks next week!
I hope you all enjoy!
Until Next Time,
Happy Oreo – Cupcake Makin’