Good Morning Everybody! Yesterday was a pretty significant day for my Facebook page – I hit 500 people! [For those who have not, GO "like" my page!!] A big thank you to ALL of you guys who support and encourage me each day. It means more to me than you know; especially because there are so many Negative Nancy’s out there who only wish failure on you, but steal your ideas! I know some of my faves are dealing with similar situations. STAY STRONG!! I love our community, and while it seems to be growing by the day, it still feels small and intimate!
Over the weekend I made Peanut Butter and Jelly Pancakes. If you missed them, go check them out; you will not be disappointed! I made strawberry jelly syrup, which turned out beautifully, but I had about a cup left over and I had no idea what to do with it. In the midst of watching some investigative television shows that morning my eyes kept wandering back to that cup of strawberry syrup sitting on the stove. There was no way I wanted to waste it, but the stroke of brilliance I was waiting for seemed to be taking longer than usual. Fear not loyal friends, the stroke of genius did eventually hit me and today I am bringing to you a super SIMPLE, yet incredibly tasty recipe.
Brace yourselves, today I give to you Homemade Strawberry Lemonade. I made lemonade last month and it was an instant hit. It’s hybrid of lemony tartness and sugary sweetness and we all fell head over heels in love with the drink. I figured the sweet, fruity flavor from the strawberry syrup could only add to the flavor of the lemonade. I was right!
Here are the ingredients you will need:
- 1 cup homemade strawberry syrup - you can find it here
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, approximately 10 lemons [it varies depending on how juicy the lemons are]
- 1 to 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 ½ cups warm to hot water
- 3 cups cold water
- With a good quality lemon press, press the lemons into a measuring cup
- In your blender, add the strawberry syrup and blend until smooth
- Strain the syrup to remove the seeds from the mixture
- In your pitcher, combine the sugar and hot water and stir until the sugar dissolves
- Add the lemon juice, strawberry syrup and remaining water
- Stir until well mixed
- Pour strawberry lemonade over glasses of ice or let chill in the fridge for several hours
- Slice a couple of extra strawberries and/or lemons to garnish the glasses
This Strawberry Lemonade is just as easy the lemonade I made for Memorial Day weekend! You know what is coming up in the next couple of weeks, right? The Fourth of July celebrations and picnics will soon be upon us – you should seriously consider making this lemonade! You will not be disappointed.
I hope you all enjoy it!
Until Next Time,