Good Morning Foodies! This morning was pretty exciting for me! When I signed on to my Facebook page this morning I hit 550 followers. Did you hear that?? 550 FOLLOWERS!! Holy Moly! I feel so honored to have such a great following of foodies who consistently share, encourage and make me smile! If you have not already done so, go check out & “like” my Facebook page! It is filled with lots of great conversation, sharing, suggestions and recipes! You will not be sorry! I hope to see you there!
Okay so let’s get on with the show. I am still trying to recover from my weekend, especially getting home at one-in-the-morning on Monday; getting up the last two mornings has been incredibly difficult. I guess with age, my body does not want to bounce back as quickly as I want it to. I wanted to give you all a little something today even though it is coming to you a little later than normal; I think you will all be pleasantly surprised.
Most of us are dealing with brutal temperatures this summer season and it is always important to stay hydrated. However, drinking water sometimes becomes boring. In order to spice up your hydrating life a bit I'm bringing to you this Sweet Frozen Strawberry Lemonade. It is super simple to make, so let’s get down to it.
- 1 cup homemade strawberry syrup
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, approximately 10 lemons [it varies depending on how juicy the lemons are]
- 1 to 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 ½ cups warm to hot water
- 3 cups cold water
- With a good quality lemon press, press the lemons into a measuring cup
- In your blender, add the strawberry syrup and blend until smooth
- Strain the syrup to remove the seeds from the mixture
- In your pitcher, combine the sugar and hot water and stir until the sugar dissolves
- Add the lemon juice, strawberry syrup and remaining water
- Stir until well mixed
- Now in your blender add a couple of handfuls of ice and a half glass of the strawberry lemonade and blend until a smooth consistency of your choosing
- Pour into a glass and enjoy a cold Frozen Strawberry Lemonade next to the pool or out in your garden!
This is super simple to make. It is a great frozen drink to have in the middle of summer, especially when you need a quick punch of flavor in between your bottles of water. I get bored with drinks very easily so I am always trying to come up with new flavors, new drink ideas or I am trying to figure out how to replicate some of my favorite summer drinks that I find at some of my favorite summer spots. In fact, I have a new one coming to you this weekend. It is my FAVORITE frozen drink & my mom’s too. I cannot wait to give you the inside scoop on this drink!
Give this a try as soon as you can; I promise you will not be disappointed!
Until Next Time,
Happy Lemonade Blendin’