Good Wednesday Morning Foodies! It’s another pivotal day in the work week – we can see the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel. Today was going to be a whirlwind of a day for me but, as circumstance happens, my plans changed. I’ll try to give you a reader’s digest version of what unfolded last night, but first I have to tell you that Nick and I have a Yorkshire Terrier who is out little king of everything. We love him, spoil him, give him a voice and focus our attention on him almost 100% of the time. Beyond all human reason, he owns us. He is so popular and travels everywhere with us he actually has his own facebook page so that his loyal followers can follow his adventures in life. Sick, right? Well, we have been talking about adding another little female fur baby to our lives.
My mom calls me about information she came across about some yorkie pups. We called, got the information and told these people that I would be driving 6 hours to buy this little girl. I was so excited. As some of you may know, Yorkshire Terriers are not cheap dogs; not even close. For me everything MUST be perfect to even consider giving somebody that much money for a dog. And after some thought, pictures & conversation I had to make a devastating decision not to adopt this puppy. I wanted her. Well, I wanted a puppy. But this was not the one for us. Sitting here I am heartbroken because I want a puppy so terribly.
Now as I sit here thinking about not having a new fur baby all I can think about is food. That’s right, I’m an emotional eater; I eat when I feel anything. Wondering what I have for you today? It is well worth having to endure my puppy story, I promise. Today I bring to you Buffalo Grilled Chicken Breast with Blue Cheese Sauce.
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 tablespoons chili powder + 2 teaspoons
- ½ cup hot sauce or buffalo wing sauce
- 1 tablespoons honey
- Salt and pepper
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons cumin + 2 teaspoons
- Canola oil
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 1 ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat the grill to medium; make sure the grill is ready for cooking over indirect heat
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute
- Whisk in the 2 tablespoons chili powder and heat for a minute
- Stir in hot sauce and honey, then season with salt and pepper
- Remove about ¼ for garnish and keep both portions warm
- Season each side of the chicken with chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper
- Drizzle both sides with canola oil
- Grill chicken over medium heat, uncovered until the skin is nicely charred
- Flip the chicken, moving it to indirect heat, and brush with a good amount of the hot sauce glaze
- Cover and cook, brushing occasionally with sauce, until cooked through
- Whisk together the heavy cream and sour cream
- Stir in the blue cheese and season with salt and pepper
- When the chicken is done, remove from the grill and spoon blue cheese sauce over each piece or add some to a small dish for dipping the chicken
- Drizzle the reserved glaze over each chicken breast
- Now it is time to eat, eat, eat.
This chicken is marvelous, especially with the blue cheese sauce! Are you wondering what to serve up with this great chicken?? I have the perfect side: GRILLED CORN ON THE COB! Go check out this awesome grilled corn and jalapeno butter! It is amazing and is such a great side for this chicken.
For me, this is a classic summer meal. I hope you give it a try!!
Until Next Time,
Happy Chicken Grillin’