Hey Everybody! Happy Tuesday! I planned to bring everybody a yummy lasagna recipe today but there was a slight bump in my Monday. All is going more smoothly so we’ll move right along to what I have for you today! Today is going to be pretty hot here so I thought I would bring to you a very SIMPLE, yet incredibly yummy beverage to take outside to the pool this afternoon. A week or two ago I brought you an amazing Lemonade recipe and I wanted to stay in the citrus family so today I bring to you the most sweetest tasting and easy Limeade.
I did not get all fancy with the recipe. I did want to make Cherry Limeade but I have not found the perfect twist that I am looking for. Stay tuned – it may show up in the weeks to come when I start up my mini-series! It may just appear with a great twist for some of you! [Yep, I do have something up my sleeves]. When I got over my disappointment of no cherry limeade I decided that regular limeade is delicious standing on its own. So there you have it.
Here are the ingredients you will need for about a quart of limeade:
- 1 cup lime juice, about 6 limes
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups water
- Grated zest of one lime, about 1 tablespoon
- Juice Limes
- In a saucepan over medium heat bring to a boil the sugar, one cup of water and the lime zest
- Whisk mixture until dissolved
- Once the sugar is dissolved, remove from the heat and let cool for a few minutes
- Place a strainer over pitcher and pour the sugar syrup through it, straining out the lime zest
- Add the lime juice and 2 cups of water
- Chill or serve immediately over ice
*note: If the mixture is too sweet add some extra lime juice; if it is too tart add a little sugar to it! It’s up to your taste buds!
This is such a great tasting drink. I almost drank it all but I remembered Nick would not be home until this afternoon and I should afford him an opportunity to taste my yummy creation! I hope you all enjoy
Until Next Time,
Happy Lime Squeezin’