Happy Friday Foodies!! What a glorious day it is, too! First, everybody here in the United States will be celebrating our Nation’s Independence Day! My apron goes off to all of those men [then] and women who tirelessly fight to keep this nation free, independent and sovereign. Without a defined fight and struggle we may not be celebrating the freedom we have today. Second, my wonderful foodie friends helped me reach 600+ followers on Facebook! I cannot even believe it! I do not have words adequate enough to thank everybody for all of your support, encouragement and conversation! I am one lucky girl! Finally, it is Kid Friendly Friday! What, whaaaat? And do I have something for you!
I have actually wanted to make this for a couple of weeks but the stars did not align until last night. It was well worth the wait; and, because it was so simple and delicious, I believe it will become part of our permanent rotation of dinner recipes. I’m going to jump right into today. Are you ready? I can’t hearrrrrr you! Are – YOU – READY?! Okay, okay. Today I present to you Parmesan Encrusted Chicken Tenders. Oh yeah!
Here are the ingredients you will need:
- ¼ cup flour [use GF flour if you want a GF meal!]
- ½ teaspoon garlic, pressed or minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 ½ cups cornflakes, crushed [make sure you pick up a gluten free cornflakes brand!]
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Combine flour, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl
- Whisk egg and milk in another dish
- In a third dish, combine cornflakes and Parmesan
- One at a time, dredge each tender in flour, then dip in egg mixture, and finally the Parmesan cornflake combination, making sure to coat well
- Place on a foil linked baking sheet and cook for about 20 minutes, until crispy, golden and cooked through
Easy, huh? I am telling you the kids will go crazy over this dish! Not to mention, it is so fun to cook. I don’t know about you, but I am sure the kids would love the idea of dredging all of their tenders. It does not happen to be my favorite part of any meal preparation, but it is an easy way to get everybody involved!
The combination of cornflakes and Parmesan was a homerun. The crunchiness of the cornflakes and the sharpness of the cheese really comes together well! You could easily make a blue cheese dipping sauce or any dipping sauce you like!
I hope you all enjoy!
Until Next Time,