Happy Monday Morning Everybody!! I am coming off a good weekend filled with relaxation and good food. Not only am I coming off of a great weekend, I am walking into a short week! Nick and I are going to visit my momma in the middle of the week and enjoy some great food from one of my favorite events each year!! I am not going to get into the details because I plan on blogging about it later in the week! Prepare yourselves for some amazingly yummy pictures!
Today I have an awesome post for you for our Meatless Monday segment. A few weeks ago I noticed a post by The Country Cook, a bloggie friend of mine, which instantly captured my attention; I knew I wanted to adapt this recipe to appease my own tastes. Are you all wondering what I have for you today? Today I present to you Spicy Jalapeno Potato Packets! These are off the hook good and are so easy to make.
Recipe Adapted From The Country Cook.
Here is what you will need:
- 2 large russet potatoes, cubed
- 1 clove garlic, minced [optional, if you’re using the jalapeno butter you will not need it!]
- 4 tablespoons jalapeno butter, recipe follows
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F
- Rinse your potatoes and thoroughly dry them off
- Cube your potatoes
- On two or three large pieces of foil, add two heaping tablespoons of the jalapeno butter
- Divide the cubed potatoes between each piece of foil
- Evenly divide the garlic between the two foil packets
- Sprinkle as much salt and pepper as your heart desires on each foil packet
- Divide the heavy cream in half and pour over each potato packet, making sure that the potatoes are coated and the cream is evenly distributed
- Now, fold each of the sides to make a square for the potatoes and covering them thoroughly
- Place the potato packets on a baking sheet and cook for about 45 minutes, or until fork tender
- Carefully, open up your individual packet and eat away!
½ stick butter, slightly softened
½ can diced jalapeno peppers
2 cloves garlic, pressed
Salt and pepper
Combine butter, garlic, and jalapeno in a food processor and process until smooth
Add a little olive oil if needed to bring everything together
Season with salt and pepper
This was such a fun recipe and it is easily adapted to your particular tastes, which is one of the biggest selling features for me. I mean potatoes are a pretty versatile food and they ALWAYS taste good! I hope you all give them a try!
Until Next Time,