Happy Friday Foodies! I’m sorry that you’re getting this post a little late. I am visiting my momma bear and we were running around all morning! However, I wanted to give you all something to look at and think about making today. I know it’s going to be another hot, hot, HOT day so if you decide not to make this until next week, I will totally understand.
However, next week is the cut off. If you don’t make it by next week I will be offended.
I am JUST KIDDING!
Today I present to you Gluten Free Cherry Swirl Cake. It is super yummy and super easy to make.
Let’s get down to business. Here it what you will need:
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 box Bisquick Gluten Free mix [3 cups]
- 1 to 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 can (21 oz) cherry pie filling
- 1 cup powdered sugar, optional
- 2 tablespoons milk, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Grease 1 15 x 10 inch pan with cooking spray
- In large bowl, stir all cake ingredients except pie filling until blended; beat vigorously 30 seconds
- Spread 2/3 of the batter (about 2 1/2 cups) then pan
- Spread pie filling over batter (filling may not cover batter completely)
- Drop remaining batter by tablespoonfuls onto pie filling.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown
- NOTE: If you want to drizzle some glaze over the cake, while it is baking mix powdered sugar and milk together until smooth
- Drizzle glaze over warm coffee cake
- Serve warm or cool
This is a great recipe to use to get your little sous chefs involved!! Kids will love the cherries, well, I mean, I do. Just supervise the kids when around the oven.
It is super simple to make. I could not wait to eat is so I opted against the glaze! It was incredibly delicious! Nick loved it. I actually did not think it would be a hit and, if I allowed it, he would have taken the entire pan to work with him for “lunch.”
I hope you all enjoy!!
Until Next Time,
Happy Cake Makin’