Happy Friday! I wish I had something happy and delightful to report about this weekend, but no can do. This weekend Nick and I are going back to Pennsylvania. This time, however, we are going to be in Lancaster County – Nick’s stomping grounds. I am not excited. I used to love being around his family. But, like most things in life, one bad apple can really ruin a good thing. :(
However, Mtv is going to save me this weekend. Would you like to know how this television station is helping me through the weekend? Well, I will tell you – for the next 48 hours there is a Jersey Shore marathon. When this show first came out, I did not give it the time of day. I thought it was the most idiotic show MTV could have produced. But, then it happened. Yep, like most every other “reality” television show that has a similar premise, I became addicted; I was sucked in. Now, when I’m sitting around waiting to come back home [and in a hotel room], I will be getting by with a little help from the Jersey Shore; judge me if you will, but don’t forget you all have your own television skeletons!!
I hope you all have better stories to report about your weekend.
Today I have another recipe for our Kid Friendly Friday segment! It’s a good one & can be dressed up or down in many different ways! Are you ready for it? Okay, today I give you all the easiest Buttermilk Pancakes in the world! I blogged about Peanut Butter M&M Pancakes a couple of weeks ago, but then I got to thinking – not everybody likes chocolate, m&ms, etc in their pancakes. Now, I’m not one of those people. I would take chocolate chips in my pancakes any day of the week. However, I wanted to give you all the basic recipe so that you could add anything you wanted to the pancakes – fruit, candy, etc.
These are super simple to make, and I am telling you that any kid would love pouring these out on the skillet while adding their favorite flavors! Let’s get down to it!
Here is what you will need:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 5 to 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Anything else that you want to add
- Heat griddle to 375 degrees
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar in a medium bowl
- Add eggs, buttermilk and 4 tablespoons melted butter, whisk to combine
- Batter should have small to medium lumps
- Heat oven to 175 degrees
- Test griddle by sprinkling a few drops of water on it. If water bounces and spatters off griddle, it is hot enough
- Using a pastry brush, brush some of the reserved melted butter on the griddle
- Using a ½ cup measuring cup, pour pancake batter in pools 2 inches away from one another
- When pancakes have bubbles on top and are slightly dry around the edges, flip over; about 2 ½ minutes
- Cook until golden on bottom, about 1 minute
- Repeat with the remaining batter, keeping finished pancakes on a heatproof plate in oven to keep warm!
These are so awesome! I hope you give them a try this weekend!! And, don’t forget to make the Cinnamon & Sugar French Toast, too!!
Happy Friday Everybody!
Until Next Time,