Good Almost Afternoon Foodies! It’s a hot, hot, hot day here today and all I can think about is drinking lots of iced tea and lemonade. Unfortunately for me I do not have either one of those beverages made. In typical fashion, I crave those things I do not have made already. What’s up with that, I wonder. Luckily for me those two things are easily fixed. Now you know what I will be doing shortly after I post this, huh?
Most of us do not like to cook on these extremely hot days and it seems like the East Coast is getting pounded by the heat. So an easy solution is making light and tasty meals. I know I already blogged about a steak salad this week, but that was no ordinary salad. It is hard to deny how awesome that salad looked [and believe me, it tasted even better].
Today I have another pretty amazing salad. About 10 days ago it seemed like everybody was talking about tacos or taco related foods and I started dreaming about tacos. Seriously, I was dreaming about tacos. My mind was overcome by flavorful stuffed crunchy tortilla shells. So today I present to you my incredibly delicious Grilled Chicken Taco Salad with a Jalapeno Crunch.
Here is what you will need:
- 1 piece grilled chicken, sliced or cut into chunks
- 1 jar taco sauce
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- Hint of Jalapeno Tortilla Chips
- Nacho/Taco Cheese, shredded
- In a large skillet, take the already grilled & sliced chicken and add the first five ingredients until thoroughly coated
- Layer several Jalapeno tortilla chips on the bottom of the plate
- Add lettuce, tomato, chicken and top with chips
- Crumble some additional jalapeno tortilla chips on top
- SERVE & EAT!!
It is super easy, super tasteful, and relatively healthy! I really enjoyed it. It was the perfect dinner for an incredibly hot day!! I hope you all enjoy as much as we did!!
Until Next Time,