Happy Friday Foodies! I’m so thankful that the weekend is here. I will be able to relax with my Panda Bear; it’s been quite the week for me. I am pretty happy that we are not traveling anywhere this weekend. Since the middle of June either one or both of us has spent every weekend away from our house and on the road; I, for one, am over it. While I love to travel, the lumbar system in our car does not play nicely with my back and is always making me uncomfortable. Now, I know that probably did not contribute to my recent kidney ailment, but being so uncomfortable in the car does not make life any better. I am just thankful our little family will be chowing down on Thai food this weekend and relaxing with each other.
It will be a pretty awesome weekend together. Besides eating well and spending time with each other, our new television is being delivered today. I am super excited, so is Nick. That’ll be a great project for today. Not many people may get so excited about a television, but it is pretty hard not to. This is the granddaddy of all televisions; minus the 3D capability, which Nick wanted. Thank GOD for Nick’s dad talking him out of getting a 3D television. Much like all of our smart phones, this television is a Smart TV. While I don’t think it can make dinner for us, it does pretty much everything else. I cannot wait to get it hooked up to use!
Okay, now that you all know what my life looks like this weekend, I have a specially modified version of Kid Friendly Friday for you today. First, let’s get down to the fun activity I have for the kiddos in your house. All summer I have tried to give you recipes that would allow your mini-sous chefs get down and dirty working in the kitchen with you; but today I have something that is less cooking and more preparing. I had fun, so I hope most kids would have fun making these. Are you ready?? Today I present to you Sweet Treats in a Jar. So many times during my life I have received one of these little guys or have seen them in the stores waiting to be purchased; but I have never made one.
That is until recently.
Today I have two awesome flavors for you: S’mores in a Jar & The Ultimate Chocolate Brownies in a Jar.
Here is what you will need & how to layer the ingredients for the S’mores:
- 1 to 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 to 1 ½ cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 to 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- Add the layers in that order, close the jar & store until you’re ready to use, or give to your favorite people!
- Find the 'How To Cook" here.
Here is what you will need for the Brownies:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vanilla sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa power
- Chocolate chips
- Layer the ingredients in the order listed above, seal & store… or give to your favorite friends!
- Find the 'How to Cook' Here
I had a lot of fun making these jars for the first time this week! I bet you’re all wondering if I am going to keep these bad boy jars to myself? Well, ordinarily I would not want to share chocolate, but I have some amazing people that I would share with every day of the week if I could. Do you want to know who those people are? Dum, dum, dummmmmm…
Are you ready yet?? I cannot hear youuuuu!!!
Those people are YOU!!! Yep, you! I want to share my little jars of chocolaty heaven with you. That brings me to a very special announcement!
I am HAVING A GIVEAWAY!!
I know it has been a couple of weeks coming, but life has been pretty chaotic and most recently painful. With the help of all of you wonderful people, I hit 1000 followers a couple of weeks ago. I promised a giveaway then and I am finally posing it! One lucky person will walk away with the following:
- 1 S'mores in a jar
- 1 Ultimate Chocolate Brownies in a Jar
- 1 Cutsy Apron
Now, I am not going to make it hard to enter this Giveaway. However, I do have a couple of requirements. Here they come:
- First, this Giveaway is open to only those people in the United States. [Don’t worry, I’m working on opening up my next one to all of my lovelies everywhere else]
- Second, you must be at least 18 years old to enter. [I do not want somebody’s parents thinking I’m sending their kids candy. Seriously, candy in a box from a stranger? Oh boy!]
- Third, you must follow me as yourself [meaning, if you follow me as a page, you must also follow me from your personal account] on facebook telling me you did so. If you already do, just tell me your name in the comment section below.
- Fourth, you must leave a comment below. Make sure your name here is the same as your name is on facebook.
- Finally, when you leave a comment below, include a recipe of mine that looks appealing to you!
See, it is SUPER easy! This giveaway will remain open until next Friday, August 19 at midnight EST. I will announce the winner by Monday, August 22.
Good Luck to you all!!
Until Next Time,