Happy Monday Morning Foodies! I hope you all had a great weekend. Nick and I certainly did. On Saturday we washed the car for two hours and got it looking great! We are so excited. Now, it is no professional detail but our little 328 xi coup looks pretty shiny and has an extra twinkle in her eyes now. I am pretty excited because the wash/scrub/wax has been a long time coming, especially since we moved across the country twice this year.
After laboring over our beautiful car on Saturday, we went out and stuffed our faces with Sushi later that night. I think I ate too much because it did not all settle well later that night. I guess I have learned my lesson – overeating does not go well with me, but especially Sushi. Oh boy.
On Sunday we hung out and tried to explore our new SMART TV, which is super awesome. I love it. I LOVE IT! We had a great time registering everything and exploring all of the apps on it. I especially love the fact that I am sitting here, eating goldfish crackers and watching every season of The Hills. If you feel the need to judge me, go right ahead, but remember I do not judge your television choices.
Every weekend I try to wake up to make Nick breakfast; it’s the period during the week where most things are easier so making breakfast is much easier. It is hard to get up at 3:30 am to make breakfast for him before he goes off to work in the morning. Needless to say, he gets pretty excited about the weekends and a great breakfast. This weekend, I did not disappoint. I tried to make a healthy version of an Egg McMuffin, which turned out pretty well. It is pretty easy to make. Today I present to you Hint of Dijon Egg McMuffin!
Serving Size: 1 sandwich
Fat: 11 G
Carbohydrates: 27 G
Fiber: 6 G
Protein: 32 G
Here is what you will need:
- 1 egg
- 1 English Muffin, toasted
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- Lean deli ham, 1 ounce
- Dijon Mustard
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, grease the bottom then sprinkle salt & pepper in the bottom
- When the skillet it thoroughly heated, add the egg, sprinkle the top with salt & pepper and let it fry for a couple of minutes
- Carefully flip the egg so it does not break and allow the egg to fry for a couple of additional minutes
- In the meantime, toast the English muffin, when it finishes, lighly spread some dijon mustard on each half of the muffin
- When the egg is just about done, add a slice of cheese to the top and allow the cheese to melt
- Add two slices of ham to the English muffin [you can fry the ham, if you like], then add the egg with the melted cheese
- Top with the other half of the muffin & enjoy!
I love this breakfast. It is the perfect sandwich, it is packed full of protein and will get you moving for the rest of the day. It totally helped us; we ate it, popped up & started plotting the car wash adventure. Luckily for us we have our own car wash kiosk on our property, so we do not have to go far! I hope you all give these a try sometime!
Until Next Time,
Happy Egg Sandwichin’