Good Morning Foodies! It’s the day after a holiday and I miss my Panda Bear. It was slow going this morning, but the day finally started. That is the problem with Monday holidays – the hurdles of Monday have transferred over to Tuesday. Thank goodness the day has crossed over the faux Monday blues.
Last week was a fun week for Nick and I. We started it off with Valentine’s Day and ended it with looking at houses. I have decided that the most stressful part of looking for houses is the relationship you have with your partner. It has nothing to do with the realtor, the property owners, etc.
As the journey unfolds, I’ll try to give you all a glimpse of the madness.
Until then, I’m staying silent on the issue.
What else happened this weekend that was noteworthy enough to talk about?!
We got some snow on Sunday. It was fabulous. It was not much, but it did snow for a significant portion of the afternoon and evening. So we were able to have some fun with Pippy in the snow. Pippy is a snow baby; he takes after Nick and I.
Pippy does this thing where he burrows in the snow; almost like he is trying to put his scent on every flake of snow on the ground. He usually comes inside with little snowballs attached to his legs and a fur coat full of wet snow. Because we let him have as much fun in the snow as he wants to, Nick and I have to come inside to blow dry all of his hair, brush and condition him. It’s a long process, but well worth it to see him having so much fun.
We LOVE snow. We are hoping for a huge blizzard before the season ends!
Come on Mother Nature, don’t let us down!
Okay, now that I have disclosed so much about my fur baby, I better share some delicious recipe before you lose interest. Today I have a great Parmesan Lime Linguine recipe for you! It’s perfect for a quick meal after a long day; it comes together in minutes!
Fat: 5.8 g
Carbohydrates: 37.3 g
Fiber: 2 g
Protein: 9 g
- 7 ounces linguine
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons peanuts, crushed
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 bag broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- In a large skillet, add the oil and allow to heat over medium-low heat
- Add the garlic cloves and allow to simmer until it becomes aromatic
- Smash your peanuts with a rolling pin & then add the peanuts and red pepper flakes, allow to cook for 3 to 4 minutes
- Remove from heat and set aside
- Cook your linguine according to the boxed directions, drain and set aside
- Steam your broccoli according to the bags directions, then drain
- Now for assembly: place the skillet with the garlic in it back on the stove over low/medium heat
- Add the pasta and broccoli and then add 3 to 4 tablespoons lime juice
- Add the parmesan cheese
- Mix around to make sure all of the ingredients are fully incorporated
- Serve with garlic bread or a nice big salad! Enjoy!!
This meal was so easy to put together and came together in less than 15 minutes. Hello? That’s phenomenal for any person who is on the go, which is pretty much all of us!