I have a confession to make, I am addicted to food…. all unhealthy foods. I have gained a couple of pounds. Really, it is only 2 pounds. But those two pounds are making me feel miserable. Yep, two stupid, little insignificant pounds are making me go crazy. Gaining weight for me is a psychological thing, only because I was overweight for so much of my life. The struggle to keep it off every day is just that – a struggle battle, a war, a mêlée every single day.
I know that a couple of pounds are not the end of the world. I also know that we all fluctuate in weight several pounds up and down. I tell myself that all of the time. But I still let it get to me. I still allow myself to go crazy over a couple of pounds. I think that everybody looks at me and sees the number 2 stapled on my back. It’s like being branded with the Scarlet A but instead of some sort of adulterous rendezvous it is a secret love affair with food.
What is wrong with me?
It has not stopped me from eating, I will tell you that much. That brings me to the matter at hand – food, recipes, and sharing. I have something new to share with you today. Take a look at these Mini Mozzarella Sticks. They are TO DIE FOR! Not only that they are very easy to eat. Even though they are not that many points, if you eat the entire plate full you may have to add a few extra miles to your workout routine this week!
Serving Size: 1 Mini Stick with Marinara Sauce
Fat: 1.8 g
Carbohydrates: 9.5 g
Fiber: 1.3 g
Protein: 5 g
Recipe Adapted from CenterCutCook.com
- 21 wonton wrappers
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 6 mozzarella sticks, divided into thirds
- Marinara sauce for dipping
- Wrap each piece of cheese in a wonton wrapper. Do this by putting the cheese in one corner of the wonton. Then add water to the edges of the adjacent sides. Wrap tightly allowing the water to seal the wonton shut.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together milk and egg.
- In another shallow dish, spread 1 cup bread crumbs
- Dip each mozzarella stick covered with a wonton wrapper in the milk and egg mixture
- Then thoroughly coat it with the breadcrumbs. Repeat the process until all of the mozzarella sticks are coated
- In a deep skillet, heat about 3 inches of oil over medium heat
- Place a few mozzarella sticks in the oil and cook for about 1 minutes, or until they are brown and crispy. You want to move them around carefully so that all sides are evenly browned. Do not over cook, because they have a propensity to burst open
- Warm the marinara sauce and serve immediately with the mozzarella sticks!
These little guys are so delicious. It’s like eating in a restaurant, but you never have to leave the comfort of your own home. Score!
Give them a try sometime soon you can thank me later!