Happy Monday foodies! I am BACK! I know I am a little later than usual, but hopefully I’m back in action from here on out! Last week Nick and I grilled some delicious steaks and needed something to go with it. I whipped up some delicious mashed potatoes. Originally the idea started out as twice baked potato balls – I thought they were going to be little balls of heaven on earth, but they did not work out.
I decided I was too lazy to make them, because I was hungry AND they were going to take a lot of effort. So when my potatoes were done boiling I went another way with my idea, which turned out equally as delicious as my first idea.
These mashed potatoes happen to be one of my favorite versions of a traditionally classic side dish.
Are you wondering what I did to up the mashed potato ante? Well, wonder no more – I decided to add a bunch of delicious flavors you could typically find in a stuffed baked potato. I added bacon, I added cream cheese, I added diced jalapeño ANDDDD I added extra sharp white cheddar cheese.
Oh yes, I did it.
And I did it with my head held high and a smile on my face. This dish was out-of-this-world incredible. I cannot wait to make it again… soon. Take a look at these delicious Jalapeño, Bacon and Sharp Cheddar Cheese Mashed Potatoes.
Serving Size: about ¾ cup
Calories: 191. 6
Fat: 5.1 g
Carbohydrates: 27.6 g
Fiber: 2 g
Protein: 9.5 g
- 2 ounces fat free cream cheese, softened
- 3 ounces extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup half and half
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crispy
- 1 large jalapeño, small dice
- 6 potatoes, cubed
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large saucepan, add enough water to cover the cubed potatoes
- Add a ½ tablespoon salt and bring to a boil
- In the meantime, wash and cube the potatoes
- When the water comes to a boil, add the cubed potatoes and allow to boil for about 12 to 15 minutes. You want the potatoes to be VERY soft
- While the potatoes are boiling, combine the cream cheese, sharp cheddar cheese, 3 slices of crispy cooked bacon, jalapeño, salt and pepper together in a large bowl
- Mix the ingredient together well
- When the potatoes are finished and cooked through remove and drain
- Add the potatoes to the cheese mixture. Then add 2 tablespoons of the half and half to the mixture. Blend with a hand mixture until the potato and cheese mixture comes together well. Add the rest of the half and half and blend until the potato mixture is nice and smooth
- Add the potatoes to casserole dish and bake for about 12 minutes. You can sprinkle a little additional shredded cheese on top before you put it in the oven. It adds a little something extra.
- Remove and enjoy!
Nick and I LOVED these potatoes. The spiciness of the jalapeño coupled with the crisp bacon pieces and delicious cheese flavor made this recipe perfect. It is a great twist to a traditional dish. Love, love, love it!
Give it a try, because you will LOVE it, too!
Until Next Time,