The last few days have been a whirlwind. Since Nick and I bought our house our parents have been encouraging us to come pick up some of our belongings from their homes. Time was beginning to become tight because Nick’s parents recently built a new house, sold the one they live in now and are planning to move out in mere weeks. So, with a government holiday on Monday, we decided to take the plunge. That’s just what we did. For 5 days we rode all around Pennsylvania and Virginia in a big Penske truck. Other than a bout with a stomach bug that quickly halted all plans on Saturday and Sunday we had a great time.
While in Pennsylvania we celebrated Nick’s mom’s birthday. It was a great time. We actually went to an awesome place called the Accomac Inn. It has a rich history and beautiful home by the Susquehanna River. I cannot wait to go back there. I had Scallops with Andouille Sausage followed by the Surf & Turf, which included lobster, steak, scalloped potatoes, and fresh vegetables. It was so good, but so much food. I mentioned to Nick that I should have ordered another Scallop appetizer instead of the dinner. I would have been satisfied with that! If you’re ever in the area it is definitely worth stopping by for great food and fantastic service. I certainly cannot wait to go back there!
Before we left on our great journey northward I made an awesome ravioli dish. Please excuse the pictures; it just doesn’t do the recipe justice. I promise it was delicious, hearty and filled with great creamy and tomato flavor!
Fat: 13.1 g
Carbohydrates: 21 g
Fiber: 2.7 g
Protein: 9.6 g
Recipe Adapted from MyRecipes.com
- 17.5 ounces refrigerated cheese & basil Ravioli
- 1 ounce Sun Dried Tomatoes, small dice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ cup half & half
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 medium sized tomatoes, chopped
- Garlic salt
- Ground pepper
- Prepare pasta according to packaged directions
- Meanwhile, heat butter over low heat until it melts completely to coat the bottom of a large pan
- Increase the heat to medium heat, pour in the half & half a little at a time while whisking continuously to smooth out any lumps that may form.
- Add the lime juice, tomatoes, pepper, garlic & sun dried tomatoes and whisk a bit more.
- Add the Parmesan cheese then remove from heat*.
- Pour over the pasta & enjoy!
*The cheese will thicken the mixture quickly. So remove as soon as you find the right consistency and before the cheese begins to separate in a funny way.